Welcome to the ultimate guide for your day trip to Capri from Rome! If You are dreaming of a perfect escape to the enchanting island of Capri look no further. As a passionate Travel blogger I am thrilled to share valuable tips and authentic recommendations to make your journey unforgettable.
Embarking on a day trip to Capri from Rome is an incredible adventure, offering a unique blend of natural beauty, history, and Italian charm. Get ready to explore stunning coastal landscapes, crystal-clear waters, and iconic landmarks that have captivated travelers for centuries.
In this guide, I will take you through a well-crafted itinerary that ensures you make the most of your time in Capri. From the moment you step foot on the island You will be immersed in its captivating ambiance, from the bustling Piazzetta to the tranquil Blue Grotto.
Join me as we uncover the hidden gems, family-friendly activities, and the best places to savor local cuisine. Whether you’re an outdoor enthusiast seeking adventure or a culture enthusiast eager to delve into the island’s history, this guide has something for everyone.
So, fasten your seatbelts and get ready to experience the magic of Capri on a day trip from Rome. Let’s set off on this journey together discovering the wonders of this picturesque island and creating memories that will last a lifetime.
Plan your trip to Capri in Italy?
- ? Find the perfect accommodation on Booking.com
- ? Book the Best Guided Tour on GetYourGuide
- ? Get more emotions from your trip with Tripadvisor
- ? Rent a car on Rentalcars
- ✈️ Buy the cheapest flight tickets with WayAway
- ? ? ✈️ Best prices for Train, Buses, Cars, Ferries, and flights Omio
Exploring Positano at Night: Unforgettable Activities
From Rome: Capri Island Day Trip
Take an enchanting day trip from Rome to the captivating island of Capri and discover its nighttime allure. Enjoy breathtaking views, explore the charming town, and witness the mesmerizing beauty of the Faraglioni rocks. This day trip promises an unforgettable experience that will leave you spellbound.
From Rome: Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius Day Trip
Experience history comes alive with a visit to the ancient ruins of Pompeii and the majestic Mount Vesuvius. As the sun sets, the ruins take on a mystical aura, and the view from the volcano’s summit is breathtaking. This combination of history and natural wonders makes for a memorable evening adventure.
From Rome: Capri Sightseeing Day Trip
Embark on a sightseeing extravaganza with a day trip to Capri from Rome. Witness the island’s beauty as the sun sets, casting a golden glow over the picturesque landscapes. Stroll through the charming streets of Capri town, indulge in delicious Italian cuisine, and savor the evening in this enchanting setting.
From Rome: Vesuvius and Pompeii Guided Day Tour and Lunch
Discover the fascinating history of Pompeii and the impressive Mount Vesuvius on a guided day tour. As evening approaches, soak in the views of the Gulf of Naples and the surrounding landscapes. Enjoy a delicious lunch with a view before returning to Rome, cherishing memories of this unique adventure.
A day trip from Rome to Positano offers an extraordinary experience that combines the ancient history of Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius with the unparalleled beauty of Capri Island. Each trip provides unique opportunities to witness the magic of these enchanting destinations under the evening sky.
From the captivating island of Capri with its stunning coastal landscapes and charming town to the ancient ruins of Pompeii and the majestic Mount Vesuvius, these day trips promise unforgettable memories that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether you choose to explore the winding streets of Capri, gaze at the Faraglioni rocks, or immerse yourself in the history of Pompeii and the volcanic wonders of Mount Vesuvius, the journey will be nothing short of captivating.
As the sun sets, these destinations take on a new charm, and the views become even more mesmerizing. So, if you’re seeking to combine history, natural beauty, and the allure of an island paradise, a day trip from Rome to Positano is the perfect choice.
Embark on these thrilling day trips, capture unforgettable moments, and immerse yourself in the magic of the Amalfi Coast and the island of Capri, where every sight and experience will leave you spellbound.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you do a day trip from Rome to Capri?
Yes it is possible to do a day trip from Rome to Capri. However, it is important to note that Capri is located in the Bay of Naples, which is about a 2-3 hour journey from Rome by train and ferry. Therefore, it will be a long day with limited time to explore Capri. Many visitors choose to stay overnight in Capri to fully experience the island’s beauty and attractions.Is Capri worth visiting on a day trip?
Yes Capri is definitely worth visiting on a day trip. It is a beautiful island located in the Gulf of Naples, known for its stunning cliffs, crystal-clear blue waters, and charming village atmosphere. There are numerous attractions to see and activities to do on the island, including visiting the iconic Blue Grotto, exploring the picturesque town of Anacapri, and taking a boat trip around the island to fully appreciate its natural beauty. With its close proximity to Naples and the Amalfi Coast, it is an ideal destination for a day trip.
How long is the high-speed train from Rome to Capri?
There is no direct high-speed train from Rome to Capri as Capri is an island located off the coast of Naples. You can take a high-speed train from Rome to Naples, which typically takes around 1 hour and 10 minutes. From Naples, you can then take a ferry or hydrofoil to reach Capri, which takes approximately 40-50 minutes.
Is 1 day in Capri enough?
It depends on what you want to do and see in Capri. If you just want to visit the main attractions such as the Blue Grotto, explore the town of Capri, and enjoy the beautiful views, then one day could be enough. However, if you want to explore more of the island, hike the various trails, visit Anacapri, or take a boat tour around the island, then you may need more than one day. Additionally, if you are looking for a more leisurely and relaxed experience, staying overnight in Capri can allow you to enjoy the island at a slower pace.Can you take a day trip to Capri from Rome?
Yes it is possible to take a day trip to Capri from Rome. Capri is located off the coast of Naples and can be reached from Rome by train to Naples, followed by a ferry or hydrofoil to Capri. The journey takes approximately 2-3 hours one way, depending on the mode of transportation chosen. It is advisable to plan an early start to make the most of your day on Capri and plan the return journey accordingly.Is a day trip to Capri worth it?
Yes a day trip to Capri is definitely worth it. Capri is a stunning island located off the coast of Italy, known for its natural beauty, luxury resorts, and picturesque views. The island offers a variety of activities and attractions, such as exploring the Blue Grotto, visiting the Gardens of Augustus, taking a boat tour around the island, or simply relaxing on one of the beautiful beaches. The charming villages of Capri and Anacapri are also worth exploring, with their narrow streets, boutique shops, and delicious local cuisine. A day trip to Capri allows you to experience the island’s beauty and highlights, and it is well worth the visit.
How long from Rome to Capri?
The distance from Rome to Capri is approximately 230 kilometers (143 miles) by land. The most common way to reach Capri from Rome is by taking a train or bus to Naples and then taking a ferry or hydrofoil from Naples to Capri. This journey takes around 3-4 hours, depending on the transportation options and connections chosen.
How far is Capri from Rome by train?
Capri is not accessible by train directly from Rome. First, you would need to take a train from Rome to Naples, which takes approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes to 2 hours depending on the type of train. Then, from Naples, you would need to take a ferry or hydrofoil to reach Capri, which takes about 40 minutes to 1 hour.How do you spend a day at Capri?
A day at Capri can be filled with a variety of activities and sights. Here is a suggested way to spend a day at Capri:
1. Explore the town of Capri: Start your day by wandering through the narrow streets of Capri Town (also known as Capri’s main square). You can check out the designer boutiques, local shops, and charming cafes. Admire the beautiful architecture and take in the vibrant atmosphere.
2. Visit the Gardens of Augustus: Head to the Gardens of Augustus, a stunning botanical garden located on the eastern side of Capri Town. Enjoy the panoramic views of the sea, the famous Faraglioni rock formations, and the Marina Piccola beach. Take a leisurely stroll through the garden and relax in its peaceful surroundings.
3. Take a boat tour around the island: Explore the island’s coastline by joining a boat tour. These tours often include stops at the Blue Grotto, a sea cave known for its mesmerizing blue waters. You can also visit other grottoes and caves around the island, such as the Green Grotto or the White Grotto. Enjoy the scenic beauty, swim in crystal-clear waters, and learn about the island’s history from the local guides.
4. Lunch at Marina Piccola: Make your way to Marina Piccola, a picturesque bay located on the south side of the island. Relax on one of the beach clubs or enjoy a picnic by the shore. There are also several seaside restaurants where you can savor local seafood dishes and indulge in Mediterranean cuisine.
5. Explore Anacapri: Take a bus or a taxi to the town of Anacapri, located on the western side of the island. Visit Villa San Michele, a historic 19th-century villa turned museum, known for its beautiful gardens and mesmerizing views. You can also take a chairlift up to Mount Solaro, the highest point on the island, to enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of Capri and the surrounding areas.
6. Enjoy the Piazzetta in the evening: Return to Capri Town and experience the lively energy of the Piazzetta, the town’s main square. Sip on a refreshing limoncello or a delicious cocktail at one of the chic bars while observing the bustling atmosphere and people-watching. Indulge in some gelato or local pastries as you take a leisurely evening stroll through the square.
7. Sunset at Punta Tragara: End the day with a visit to Punta Tragara, located on the eastern side of Capri. This scenic viewpoint offers spectacular views of the Faraglioni rocks and the Mediterranean Sea. Experience the breathtaking sunset as the light casts a golden glow over the landscape.
Remember to plan your day according to the ferry or hydrofoil schedule to ensure you have enough time to explore all the attractions.
Can you take a high-speed train from Rome to Amalfi Coast?
No You cannot take a high-speed train directly from Rome to the Amalfi Coast. The Amalfi Coast does not have a direct train connection. However, you can take a train from Rome to cities like Naples or Salerno, which are located near the Amalfi Coast, and then proceed by bus, ferry, or taxi to reach your destination on the coast.
Read My Blog Post About Capri and Positano
- Two Days in Capri Itinerary – Perfect 2-Day Trip to Capri, Italy
- 2 DAYS IN POSITANO, AMALFI COAST ITINERARY – HOW TO SPEND THE PERFECT 48 HOURS IN POSITANO, ITALY
- BLUE GROTTO CAPRI BOAT TOURS
- BLUE GROTTO CAPRI A MUST-VISIT DESTINATION
- BEST ISLAND OF CAPRI BOAT TOURS
- DAY TRIP TO CAPRI FROM POSITANO
- CAPRI DAY TRIP ITINERARY
- ISLAND OF CAPRI BEST AND TOP-RATED DAY TRIPS AND TOURS
- BEST THINGS TO DO AND SEE ON THE ISLAND OF CAPRI
- TWO DAYS IN CAPRI ITINERARY – PERFECT 2-DAY TRIP TO CAPRI, ITALY
- BEST POSITANO ACTIVITIES AT NIGHT TOP PICKS
- TOP 17 BEST POSITANO PRIVATE TOURS
- TOP 10 BEST POSITANO DAY TRIPS
- BEST POSITANO CRUISES AND BOAT TOURS: EXPLORE THE ENCHANTING COASTLINE
- BEST POSITANO WATER ACTIVITIES AND WATER SPORTS
- BEST THINGS TO DO AND SEE IN POSITANO – YOUR ULTIMATE GUIDE
- 2 DAYS IN POSITANO, AMALFI COAST ITINERARY – HOW TO SPEND THE PERFECT 48 HOURS IN POSITANO, ITALY
- 11 BEST LUXURY BOUTIQUE HOTELS IN VIENNA TO STAY
- 3 DAYS IN NAPOLI, ITALY COMPLETE NAPLES ITINERARY
- NAPLES, ITALY, ULTIMATE TRAVEL GUIDE – TOP THINGS TO SEE AND DO IN NAPOLI
Day Trip to Capri From Rome was last modified: July 28th, 2023 by